Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Secrets....shhhhh!!!

Well...I just LOVE books!
And I just got my last of 6 shipments from Amazon.com the other day. I order like this probably 2 times a year and call it my treat to me! One of the books I purchased is called The 12 Secrets of Highly Creative Women- a portable mentor by Gail McMeekin. It features interviews with 45 women such as: Sarah Ban Breathnach (Simple Abundance books and Foundation), Sigrid Olsen (International Fashion Design Firm), Christina Pickles (Emmy award winning actress and screenwriter), Marilou Awiakta(Cherokee/Appalachian poet,writer, activist and author), Michelle Cassou(Artist,Painter and co-founder of The Painting Experience Studio)...and many others.

Here are the "secrets":

* Acknowledging Your Creative Self
* Honoring Your Inspirations
* Following Your Fascinations
* Surrendering to Creative Cycles
* Committing to Self-Focus
* Conquering Saboteurs
* Consulting with Guides (for me this will be God and mentors)
* Selecting Empowering Partnerships and Alliances
* Transcending Rejections and Roadblocks
* Living in Abundance with Positive Priorities
* Subtracting Serenity Stealers
* Planning to Achieve Your Goals

This book is supposed to help engage your creativity, Master your challenges as a creative woman and actualize creative results.

I tend to glean what I need or what stands up in accordance with my faith beliefs, so I will let you know how it goes! I believe that the God of our Universe is a VERY creative Spirit indeed...I mean, just look at the trees, the clouds, the flowers, our children, etc...how can you now be inspired to be creative? It's everywhere we look!

Blessings,

Shannon

No comments: