Thursday, November 5, 2009

Family Matters...

It's been a little while now and we have been going to Donnie's sister Sue's house to visit with my dear MIL Ginny. She has good days and bad days and I am sure "everything else" in between days too. The other night I decided to cut her toenails, give her a foot massage and paint her toenails a pretty shade of shimmery pink. She looked at me and told me how good it felt and it almost made me cry. It was such a small and simple act of kindness, and I didn't think anything of it at the time. I just knew that she couldn't cut them herself because she was too weak. I love her, so I decided to just "do it", as Nike says. As she sat there, just relaxing with her eyes closed, I started to think about all of the things that we take for granted,and how even the simpliest acts of kindness can affect our emotions and general well-being. Then I started to think about how wonderful a world we would be living in this side of Heaven if we all treated one another with the love of Christ and not as the rest of the world treats us. Never forget that family does matter...especially those family matters of the heart...like scratching your child's back at bedtime, telling your family that you love them, or painting toenails and foot massages! :)

No comments: