Friday, June 26, 2009

Other Books Recently Purchased...

I took some of the other books that I purchased on Amazon to work to look at the other day. Some of them are really great...I tend to buy books strickly by the title at times and sometimes that has left me slightly disappointed, but mostly it turns out to be a very cool and sometimes wonderfully surprising thing!

Some of my most recent purchases include:

Travel Scrapbooks
When Life Gives You Lemons
Your Scrapbook Your Story
Imperfect Lives
Mixed-Media Journals
Our Family Scrapbooks
Mini Albums
Exhibition 36
1000 Artist Trading Cards
1000 Artist Journal Pages
Taking Flight

I host a scrapbook/mixed-media/beading...."whatever you want to bring with you to work on" gathering once a month at our church, and plan to bring along several of these books, along with my Wreck this Journal~(that I haven't opened in a while)...for some MEGA inspiration. I have several ATC's that I have to finish and mail this weekend...one is due in Canada by July 7th, so it should arrive right on time and the others are US, so they will be a few days early. I have to finish "frightening films"- Saw & Jeepers Creepers, Bette Paige/Vintage Pin-Ups, Love, Seasons, Occasions (I picked retirement because I wish I was some days!)...and I want to start working on an altered book that I started painting and gessoing at the last "get together". I think I will take pictures of it now (empty) and then in stages as I get each "layer" put on. I'm not sure what it will wind up being, as I generally let the art take over the project...but since our trip to the Holocaust Museum (which I will write about soon)...I have been somewhat obsessed and can't get the horrors and atrocities out of my head. Maybe writing about it will help me somehow...but I doubt it will ever help me to understand why....

No comments: