Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Feels Like F-O-R-E-V-E-R! (and thoughts of Ike)

Ha! I had to laugh out loud when I typed the title for tonight's blog- it reminds me of my favorite part of the movie The Sandlot (had to see it!) But it really does feel like forever since I have been on here, so I have some catching up to do with my blogging sisters and my one "visitor friend" from New Zealand, who said that it was Spring there now...(I am so jealous!)

While Fall is my favorite season,and I think that Winter snow is beautiful,(because it glitters, duh!)...I do NOT like being cold, or having to dress in layers. I only wear shoes when I have to and that is the first thing that comes off when I get home. I literally wear sandals until the snow flies and I have to wear socks and shoes or risk getting frostbite on my toes. I have watched those shows where you see people's toes that have turned black and had to be amputated- so I am not risking it! :)

I haven't been on here in a few days because the phone lines were down due to the recent 70+ mph winds and storm that followed Hurrican Ike over the weekend. It blows my mind that we felt the effects of it clear in Newark, Ohio- people's trees were uprooted, shingles peeled off the neighbors roof, there were tree branches that just snapped like twigs in the power lines...and that was just on our street alone! The entire overhang and gutters on the back of our house blew off and were laying in our yard mangled like you had just crinkled up a piece of aluminum foil. My youngest hasn't been to school all week (but I think she will have school tomorrow) due to the power outage in our area. My heart, thoughts and prayers truly do go out the victims of Hurricane Ike. From just the effects that we got, I can't even begin to imagine those who are now left homeless, hungry, tired, without the basics of water, food and shelter, etc...Godspeed, my brothers and sisters in Texas. Know that you are in our hearts.

3 comments:

kc_froglady said...

I can relate that it is mind boggling that Ike was all the way up here in Ohio - I am in NE Ohio and we had over 70 mph winds Sunday night - couldn't hardly keep the car on the road LOL and trees down all over - I was thankful we did not lose power but am sad at the loss of a life in our county from trees/winds. I can't imagine the damage in the heart of the storm area when I saw such a mess here from just aftermaths!

Little Miss Sparkle said...

I am sorry for the loss in your community. Who would have ever thought that it would have affected us here in Ohio. What town are you in or by , if you don't mind saying- if you do mind, I totally understand. I only ask because I was born in Akron and grew up in the Manchester/Clinton area.

Anonymous said...

You've been tagged. Check out my blog for more details :). Thanks

http://createwithstevie.blogspot.com/